Frequently asked questions
Who is the CEO of Citiequity?
The C.E.O of Citiequity is Rebecca Scanlon.
How long has Citiequity been incorporated for?
Citiequity was first incorporated in 1993.
Is ESG integrated in our portfolios?
Yes, Citiequity has adopted ESG policies since 2016.
What investment strategy is the Citiequity A.I algorithm based on?
The Citiequity artificial intelligence algorithm infuses a base model Diversified income strategy as the foundation in analyzing the markets.
Can I have multiple accounts?
Yes, An Individual can create a maximum of 2 accounts.
Can I transfer assets from another firm?
You cannot transfer personal information form as you’re required to fill the KYC form, but you can transfer financial assets.
Can I open an account for my child?
Yes, you can open an account for a dependent under 18. Please reach out to our online support for assistance.
Can I open a joint account?
At the moment we do not allow for joint accounts but we allow for joint investments.
Can I open multiple brokerage and executive accounts?
At the moment the maximum account ownership per individual is 2.
Can I update who referred me after signing up?
Yes, please contact our online support for assistance.
Is there a maximum number of people I can share my referral link with?
No, you can share your link with an unlimited amount.
What kind of identity document do you accept?
We accept all government issued ID cards.
Do I have to verify my email from the same device I used to sign up?
Yes, for your security it is important to verify your email address from the same device.
I’m retired, can I still open an account?
How do I reset my password?
You can easily reset your password from the login page, you can also contact our online support for assistance.
How do I update my account info?
You can easily update account info by logging on to your online account.
What is escheatment( for unclaimed property) and how do I avoid it?
How do I open an account?
- Choose the type of account you want. Then complete our CITI EQUITY or our Private Bank online application.
- For bank and brokerage accounts, you can either fund your account instantly online or mail in your direct deposit.
Call +1 (864) 509-3920
- Download an application and then print it out.
- Complete and sign the application.
- Send the application with a check made payable to CITI EQUITY Securities (depending on the type of account you're opening) to the appropriate address.
How do I place a trade?
At CITI EQUITY, we make it easy to trade stocks, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, and more. Watch our platform demos or join us live every Wednesday at 11 a.m. ET for a 20-minute getting started webinar. We’ll show you how to place an order, and answer any questions you have during a live Q&A session. All with no hold times!
What are your commissions and fees?
How do you ensure the security and privacy of my account?
Protecting our customers' personal and financial information is one of our top priorities. In addition to some of the most advanced online security available, we offer the CITI EQUITY Complete Protection Guarantee, which protects your privacy, your assets, and every transaction you make.
- Complete fraud protection: $0 liability for unauthorized use of your account.
- Complete payment protection: Plus on-time, accurate online Bill pay and Transfer Money.
- Complete privacy protection: We will not sell your personal information to third parties or marketers for any purpose.
- An optional Digital Security ID: Unauthorized logon is virtually impossible.
- Electronic documents: Help curb identity theft (you receive statements and account documents online instead of by mail).
- Alerts: You receive customized reports of account activity and every transaction by email or mobile phone.
For complete details, visit our website.
What is a line of credit?
A line of credit is a revolving, non-purpose line of credit offered by Citiequity and secured by the eligible collateral you hold at Citiequity.
How is a line of credit different from Margin trading?
Line of credit is available to investors while margin trading is available to Citiequity.
How long does it take to open a line of credit?
Usually takes 1-3 weeks from application.
How much can I borrow using my line of credit?
The amount you can borrow is determined by the assets pledged for the line of credit.
What is my interest rate?
Interest rates will be determined by your estimated credit line at the time of application and is subject to change. This rate is calculated based on a 360-day year.
What are the benefits?
Access to liquidity while maintaining your long term investment strategy. Access to funds quickly through a digital streamlined application process. No hidden fees or expenses. Interest charges only on the drawn amount.