Your account security is important to us. In addition to the ways your assets are protected, the CITI EQUITY Complete Protection Guarantee means you're not liable for unauthorized use of your account, and we'll never sell your personal information. Period.
How we work to help secure your account
We use security measures such as encryption, firewalls, and dedicated fraud protection teams, and we offer multi-factor authentication to help secure your account.
We’ll cover any loss that results from the unauthorized use of our brokerage, banking, or lending services.
We will not sell your personal information to third parties or marketers for any purpose.
Encryption and network defenses
Our layered defense systems and encryption help protect your personal information.
This extra layer of security requires two separate forms of identification each time you log on to your account.
Get instant notifications for transactions in your account, as well as stock, news, and portfolio alerts. To ensure prompt access, we recommend that you set your delivery preferences to receive your alerts via email. If we suspect your account has been the target of fraud, we'll send you a high-priority security alert.
How we work to help secure your account
Your CITI EQUITY logon
- Passwords must contain a combination of numbers, uppercase characters, and lowercase characters (special characters are also allowed)
- Passwords should not contain names, common words, or numerical sequences (e.g., 111, 123, CITI123)
- Ensure that your username and password differ from those you use for other online accounts and change your password periodically
- Avoid using sensitive personal information (such as your Social Security number) as your username
- While we may contact you about your account, we will never ask for your password. Never share your password.
- Always log out of your account and close your browser after each session
- Malicious software isn't just for computers. Make sure you download applications from trusted sources.
- Keep your operating system up to date to ensure the highest level of protection
- Exercise caution when using wireless internet, especially at coffee shops, hotels, and other free Wi-Fi hotspots
- Review your account statements regularly to ensure that there is no unauthorized activity
- Enroll in Electronic Document Delivery to have your account statements and trade confirmations in a secure location to eliminate the possibility of mail theft
- Review your credit reports regularly. Visit annualcreditreport.com to request a free annual credit report.
- Limit carrying any unnecessary credit cards or your Social Security card
- Be careful when providing personal, private, and payment information online and on social networks
- Protect your computer by using an internet security suite such as anti-virus and malware detection software
- Be suspicious of email attachments from unknown sources, as well as emails that convey a sense of urgency, asking you to click links or download attachments. Instead of clicking links in emails, you can always go directly to an organization's website by typing its address into your browser.
- Verify the legitimacy of emails by calling the sending organization directly through a trusted contact number before you click links or open attachments
- Consider using a dedicated computer for your online banking and trading
Report a security concern
Contact us immediately if:
- You suspect that you are a victim of identity theft or fraud
- You receive a fraudulent email that looks like it is from CITI EQUITY or one of our affiliated companies
To report a security fraud concern:
- Call Customer Service at +1 (864) 509-3920
Contact us 24 hours a day
CITI EQUITY Securities
+1 (864) 509-3920
- Privacy Statement
- Security Statement
- Identity Verification Process
Information about tracking technologies:
Learn how we use web technologies to deliver more relevant content
Please note: These suggestions are intended to assist you in protecting yourself and should not be implied to cover all your protection needs. Links to external web pages are for your convenience and do not serve as endorsements.
Learn more about online security
Our knowledge section has info to get you up to speed and keep you there.